Wednesday, October 5, 2011

5 Years

My last post was in March and it is now October. I have become such a faithless writer. There are reasons why this is the case. I think a lot of it has to do with creating priorities. The older I get, the more I want to do, so I have to give values to what I do with my time in order to not neglect what is important.

So an update. Life is wonderful.

If I could talk to the Heather from 5 years ago, I would tell her to hang in there. What seems so discouraging will one day be what helps you appreciate what is to come.

I would tell Heather that she will have mentors who will help her through her doubts in her faith and bring an emotional stability. They will help her figure out priorities and what is important.


I would encourage Heather that what she hoped to find in a man did exist-and more. I would confirm that what she desired in a man is realistic and that her standards are not too high. That that man would be so patient with her heart that has been hurt so many times. She just has to hang in there.

Most of all, I would tell her that peace will come in her relationship with the Lord. That forgiveness is possible. That the Lord was meeting her in her confusion and her hurt and that the Lord was already starting the healing process. I would tell Heather from 5 years ago that one day, she would not know what to do with all the gratitude that would fill her heart - that she would see, it was all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment