Saturday, March 12, 2011

Tuesday (a few weeks ago)

I know I can be a little too emotional or detailed in my stories and sometimes maybe a little too honest. I don't know if this story fits into those categories but it is something I want to share because I like to share when God's love has been abundant in my life.

Monday night I went to bed just empty. I felt as if I had nothing left to give to anyone. I wasn't emotionally drained of physically exhausted from lack of sleep. I was mainly just sick of being busy all the time and I hit a wall of not having the motivation to keep going.

Tuesday Morning I pulled myself out of bed after hitting my snooze button for way too long. As I was getting ready in the early, dark hours of the morning, I was praying to the Lord to change my attitude or fill me with His love and His presence because I knew I was at a place of nothing left to give and I knew I would be interacting with many people that NEED His love. Then, my phone buzzed with a text message from a friend that encouraged me to pray to God and not pray to answers. I was so glad for that message because I spent the next TWO hours stuck in awful Atlanta traffic and it gave me a great opportunity to focus on the Lord and not what I wanted from Him.

The rest of the day was filled with my internship and school work. I decided to go over to my parents to do my homework because I hadn't seen them in a while and to be honest, there is no place that will ever feel so much like home. As I sat on my parents couch cramming for an exam due that night, my Dad sweetly implied that I was really risking it trying to get so much done so close to a deadline. When I explained my schedule, he saw I really didn't have any other time to study (another reminder to me that life is just WAY too busy!).

As I sat there studying, I received another text message from a friend that said she was so thankful for my friendship and that she loved me. I was humbled because for that past few weeks, I haven't had the time to feel like I have been a good friend.

Well, the homework continued and my family slowly started heading off to bed. My Dad however, decided to stay up as I rushed to take my exams before the midnight hour. When I finished the last exam with two minutes to spare, I thanked my Dad for staying up with me and he replied "everyone needs a little moral support every now and then."

I know this is a long post but I hope you are getting a hint at how I was blessed on a day when I felt like I had NOTHING left to give.

You would think my day would  be over at that point but it wasn't! I went back to my apartment and picked up my mail on the way. In it was a letter from a friend that sadly, as much as I wish I could get to know more, I just haven't had the time! It was a letter with a substantial amount of money to go towards a mission trip I am going on. I had been a little frazzled because I hadn't written my support letters yet and a due date was coming up for a substantial amount of money to be due. I just stood there and cried. Here is a girl (who doesn't have a job right now, mind you) who felt like the Lord wanted her to give me this money.

I crawled into bed that night feeling like the Lord had just lavished HIS love on my and affirmed that HE will take care of me and when He asks me to be obedient, He will provide.

No comments:

Post a Comment