Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A Holiday Morning!

I woke up this morning to a little boy calling my name "Heather?"

I was at my second home where I nanny and I had been sleeping in the basement guest bedroom when nine-year-old Aleks peaked through the curtains that separated my room from the rest of the basement. I then invited him to crawl in bed with me where we proceeded to watch an hour of cartoons.

Then, when his twin brother woke up, we all went upstairs and had breakfast together. The boys mom woke up at this time and made coffee so we had a leisurely breakfast. It was fantastic. It definitely beats waking up at my apartment by myself and grabbing a cup of coffee and hopping online!

After that, I invited the boys to come along as I walked the neighbor's dog where I am dog sitting. Only Aleks wanted to come along. So we went on a walk singing the drummer boy song repeatedly and wishing anything that moved a "Merry Christmas!"  We played on a playground for a little bit and then made the trek back home. When we got to his house. Everyone was awake and playing around. It was such a wonderful way to start the day!


It's the little moments that put smiles on my face!

No comments:

Post a Comment